Spirit Week

Dakota Brandt, Staff

This past week was homecoming, which was crammed with a bunch of events. Each day of the week had a different theme. We were off school Monday, so theme week or spirit week started on Tuesday. Tuesday was pajama day, Wednesday was Jersey Day, Thursday was throwback Thursday, and Friday was blue out. 

Each day you would dress up depending on the theme and show your school spirit. This week there was also the annual homecoming parade and burning of the mustang. The Parade had different types of floats corresponding to sports. There was volleyball, basketball, baseball, soccer, student council, FFA, and many more floats. In the parade the band, cheer, and prancers were also walking the parade cheering. After that we all sat in the stands for a community pep rally. While we were there they announced the homecoming court winners, all but the kind and queen which were to be announced at the friday night game. Then came the burning of the mustang which is where we all stand together as a community and school and set a shape of our school mascot on fire and watch it burn. 

On friday night was the homecoming game in which we played La Joya palmview and we won 53 – 9. During this game’s half time they announced who the homecoming king and queen was and it was Mia and Marcos. 

Then the next day was Saturday, which was the homecoming dance. It was outside in the courtyard, and they had lights, a dance floor, loud music, and even a place inside to take pictures. It was a night to remember to say the least.