Santa Isn’t Real?

Victoria Velasco, Staff

“I got home from a trip on Christmas morning and found no gifts under our tree. I put two and two together and realized Santa couldn’t put the gifts under the tree because “Santa” came with me on the trip.”

-Phillip Foley

“I thought of this crazy idea to put laxatives in the cookies I left for Santa when I was little. The next morning my dad was in the bathroom all day. It wasn’t the tamales because the rest of my family was fine. Santa needs to be more cautious when eating other people’s cookies.”

-Ximena Zuniga

“I got a Wii from Santa when I was 11 years old. A few days after Christmas, I went to the store and my mom gave Santa’s true identity away. She shouted to my dad ‘We should’ve gotten her this Wii instead. It’s cheaper!’ I then knew that Santa was not real.”

-Mia Perez

“On Christmas Eve, I hid in my living room to catch Santa in the act. I waited for a long time until I saw my dad putting presents under the tree. I didn’t say a word, I was in shock.”

-Idris Chargois

“My cousin and I were talking about the Tooth Fairy one day and how much money we would get. After I said how much I received, out of jealousy, she spoiled the truth about the Tooth Fairy and Santa.”

-Sophie Resendez

“I was looking for shoes in my TV room closet and I discovered something hidden underneath blankets. Santas presents, wrapped up and ready to go a week before Christmas. Santa was actually called My Parents.”

-Evelyn Castellano

“Growing up with older siblings, I never believed in Santa because they told me the truth as soon as I could understand words.”

-Michael Lopez

“When I was 6 years old, I found out that Santa didn’t exist. I’m the youngest of my siblings and they would always ruin things for me. One day they told me that Santa was a made up person so I decided to ask my parents. They ended up telling me the truth and I cried for days.”

-Yasmeen Medrano

“It was Christmas Eve when I found out that Santa was a big fat lie. I went to Target to buy cookies to leave out for Santa and my dad pushed me into buying his favorite kind. He told me to get a certain kind because last year’s cookies I left out were terrible. I knew what he was implying so I bought the worst kind of cookies as revenge.”

-Miguel Arechar

“When I was 10, I peeked into my stockings a couple of days before Christmas and saw gifts from “Santa” inside. I knew he didn’t do early deliveries and I knew something wasn’t right. After a lot of thinking I came to the conclusion Santa was not real.”

-Michael Gil

“After a girl asked if she could interview me for the newspaper about Santa, I gladly accepted. The first question she asked was ‘How did you find out Santa wasn’t real?’ I was a sophomore who barely found out he didn’t exist.”

-Alex Valdez

Victoria Velasco, Co-Editor

Hey, Y'all!! It’s Victoria here! I’m a Senior this year and I’m the co-editor of the newspaper, organizational editor of the yearbook, and Senior...

1 Comment

One Response to “Santa Isn’t Real?”

1. Jenna Steenrod on December 8th, 2018 7:56 PM

I’m 11 and I just learned Santa wasn’t real the day before Easter. I was pretty upset but it turned out my parents were more upset than me! They both cried 😬

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Santa Isn’t Real?

Student Life

Kylie Jenner VS. “The Egg”

• Santa Isn’t Real?

Student Life

Must-Haves For Braces

• Santa Isn’t Real?

Student Life

Grand Opening of The Yard

• Student Life

Hangin’ Out With The Seniors

• Santa Isn’t Real?

Student Life

Sister Act

• Santa Isn’t Real?

Student Life

Behind the Eyes of a Prancer

• Santa Isn’t Real?

Student Life

Senior Walk

• Santa Isn’t Real?

Personality Profiles

First Time Taking PSAT

• Santa Isn’t Real?

Student Life

Backpack Must Haves

• Santa Isn’t Real?

Student Life

Food Lovers

The news site of McAllen Memorial High School
Santa Isn’t Real?